5 Star Hotel Guide to Thailand
Thailand is one of the most popular destinations for anyone looking for an exotic location that will provide them with the beauty, luxury, and experiences they could want in their holiday. What is it about this Southeast Asia country that has people planning their honeymoons, yearly vacations, and travel plans around it?
Thailand has a mix of amazing attractions that are as interesting as they are beautiful. It is also a highly affordable destination that offers a range of accommodation, outstanding cuisine and experiences.
In this five star guide to Thailand, we'll give you a glimpse at a few of the best destinations in the country to the best cuisine in the world to beautiful beaches, fascinating culture, and historical temples, Thailand offers everything you could desire in a travel destination and more.
Main Attractions in Bangkok
Bangkok is an incredible city that is full of life, things to do, with markets, people from all over the world, temples, and amazing places to eat. Whether you spend a day or a week in Bangkok, following are the things that you must do while in one of the most visited cities in the world:
- Visit the Grand Palace. An iconic site, the Grand Palace will take you plenty of time to explore as its quite large, but the beautiful architecture and captivating history of Thailand's kings and government will be worth it.
- Visit temples. There are plenty of temples to visit in Thailand where you can observe the beauty and uniqueness of temple grounds. Some well-known ones are Wat Pho and Wat Arun. Wat Pho is where you can get a chance to see the reclining Buddha and the Golden Buddha.
- Visit the local markets. Whether you want to try some local delicacies at a food market, buy souvenirs for friends back home, or get some trinkets for low prices, there is a large variety of markets in Thailand that are not only full of things to see and buy, but that will give you a glimpse at one part of the Thai culture.
- Get to know the city from the water. If you get tired of walking, why not visit the city from the water? There are plenty of tour boats that offer a tour from the Chao Phraya river where you can get a nice explanation of the city or you can simply rent any boat (minus the talk about the city), as there are plenty of boat services for you to choose from.
- Eat out as often as possible. If you have ever eaten at a Thai restaurant outside of Thailand, you may have had a glimpse at how delicious Thai food can be. Now, just imagine eating the authentic dishes in their country of origin. It is truly an experience that you cannot miss.
Where to Stay
Of course, after a day of exploring the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, you'll want to go back home to rest at a comfortable and inviting place. Where should you stay? A great option for you could be the Akyra Thonglor Hotel in a convenient location near Sukhumvit Soi and Petchaburi Road.
With its clean and attractive aesthetics, comfortable rooms, fabulous service, and wonderful amenities, you can rest assured that this will be the perfect haven for you during your time in Bangkok.
Main Attractions in Phuket
You have probably heard of Phuket and if you haven't, it's time that you do. Phuket has some of the most remarkable beaches in Thailand and draws visitors from around the world continuously. If you have been thinking about a beach vacation, Phuket will provide you with both gorgeous crystal-clear waters and picturesque beaches, as well as plenty of tradition and culture to observe and partake of.
Following are things that you don't want to miss out on during your time in Phuket:
- Beaches, beaches, beaches. Obviously, whatever you might want to do in Phuket, your priority should be to spend time at the beach. With so many different beaches to choose from, you can be sure that sun-bathing, swimming, and engaging in water sports will be a very easy thing to do. From Natai Beach to Kata Noi Beach, you can spend your days at some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Take a tour of a rum distillery. Do you like rum? If you do, you'll love a tour of the Chalong Bay Rum Distillery where you can learn how some of the best rum is made. Best of all, you will get to taste cocktails made out of this white rum.
- Go out at night to Bangla Road. Of course, while you are on vacation, you will most likely want to enjoy some drinks and a night out. A popular place to go is Bangla Road. You can expect a fun and happy vibe and plenty of bars to choose from.
- Big Buddha. If you have a thing for huge buddha statues, you can't miss seeing this gigantic statue of Buddha. At the top of a hill, made from white marble, you can only imagine how spectacular it is. Also, you will have an amazing view of Phuket when you visit Big Buddha; it's definitely worth visiting.
- Visit Phromthep Cape. If you are big on sunsets or ocean views, you will want to visit Phromthep Cape which is an incredible location that is perfect for picture-taking and simply taking in the beauty in front of you.
- Visit nearby islands. Phuket is gorgeous on its own, but there are some relatively nearby islands that will reward you with fascinating waters that you can snorkel in and beautiful beaches for enjoying a day of relaxation.
Where to Stay
With a beachside hotel or resort with the beach in front of you, you can wake up every morning to the sound of the waves, and spend your days relaxing next to the crystalline waters right in front of you. A great resort that will provide you with the luxury, entertainment, and 5-star service that you deserve is The Akyra in Phuket located on Natai Beach, one of the most pristine beaches in the area.
Main Attractions in Chiang Mai
While most people who visit Thailand will go to Bangkok or Phuket, not everyone takes the opportunity to visit Chiang Mai, which is a beautiful city that while not surrounded by beaches is located to some gorgeous natural destinations that are worth visiting.
Following are some highlights of Chiang Mai and the surrounding areas:
- Visit temples. It may sound repetitive, but Thailand is full of incredible temples, and Chiang Mai has some truly spectacular ones. You can also get a glimpse at the lifestyles of the monks and even enjoy talking to them. From Wat Chedi Luang to Wat Phrathat, you should make sure to set aside of time to see Thailand's most fascinating architecture.
- Visit the Elephant Nature Park. A respectable centre, you can visit this park where elephants have been rescued and rehabilitated to get close to these animals in a humanistic and positive environment. While its located outside of the city, it's worth visiting to get close to these beautiful creatures while helping to feed and bathe them.
- Take cooking classes. You know all that delicious food that you will be feasting on during your time in Thailand? You can learn how to cook it if you want as there are plenty of places that offer cooking classes. Just imagine being able to prepare amazing Thai cuisine for friends and family—you will be a favorite host in your hometown, for sure.
- Go hiking. If you enjoy hiking, you will love this area of Thailand. There are plenty of hills, forests, and even waterfalls in the area that will reward your effort and be the perfect locations for remarkable pictures. If you plan on spending some time in Chiang Mai, you should definitely visit places like Doi Inthanon and Doi Suthep.
- Get a Thai massage. While it may sound cliché, you're on vacation and you want to relax, right? Thai massages are truly remarkable and you can be sure that you will forget your stresses back home and be able to enjoy your time off after enjoying one.
Where to Stay
Chiang Mai is a lovely city and of course, if you plan on spending some time exploring the city and its surroundings, you will want to find a remarkable place to stay. The Five Star Akyra Manor Chiang Mai is conveniently located in the downtown area. With a rooftop bar with fascinating views of the city and surrounding hills, a lovely swimming pool, and highly comfortable rooms, it's the perfect spot for you to come back to and relax at after a day of getting to know the most incredible things about the Chiang Mai area.